How to make kashmiri dum aloo at home ?
kashmiri dum aloo or you can say Alu Dum specifically belongs to Kashmiri cuisine. Dum Aloo is a popular recipe cooked throughout India. Leta have a cook how to make kashmiri dum aloo at home ?
- 900 gms Aloo (Potatoes)
- ½ kg baby potatoes
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 cm ginger minced
- 1 tsp dry ginger powder
- salt to taste
- oil to fry
- 5 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 3 cloves
- 3 green chillies , chopped
- a pinch asafoetida
- coriander leaves to garnish
[alert-note]How to make kashmiri dum aloo[/alert-note]
- Scrape the aloo (potatoes), prick all over with a fork and soak in the water with little bit of salt for 2 hours.
- Dry the potatoes on a cloth and heat the ghee or oil.
- Deep fry the potatoes until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the measured ghee in a flameproof pan and add garam masala, chilli powder, fresh and dry ginger, sugar and salt.
- Grind the paste ingredients to a fairly smooth paste and stir into the onions.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Stir in the tomato puree, curd and salt.
- Add the aloo (potatoes) and hot water and stir over a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the dum aloo with pepper and garam masala and cook for few minutes.