Poori recipe is a deep-fried popular Indian bread. It is also served in functions or festival or as part of rituals along with rava halwa and fried kala chana. It is eaten for breakfast or as a snack or light meal. It is usually served with a curry or bhaji or pickle or curd. Poori recipe is made by mixing wheat flour with kalonji and other spices.
- 1 cup atta (Wheat Flour)
- 1 tbsp oil (for dough)
- 1 tbsp kalonji
- Water as needed
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt as per taste
- Mix flour, oil (one spoon), kalonji with salt without water in proper way.
- Do not make dough very tight or very soft because tight dough during rolling it will not come smooth and very soft dough absorb too much oil.
- Add water to make dough, leave dough for 15 minute and covered it with soft cotton cloth.
- Divide this into equal sized 2 ½ – 3 inch diameter small balls.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat for deep fry and drop this into the oil and deep fry it till they turns little golden brown.
Now your poori is ready. serve it with aloo curry or curd or pickle. yummeeee………
Please follow and like us: