We all are aware that cucumbers are good for health and have been used for centuries and still are widely used in various forms across the world. There are many ways you can enjoy cucumbers: raw in salads as a side with your meals, fermented as a pickle, or juices. They are one of the coolest fruits/vegetables, easily available, cultivatable, and reasonable. Apart from health and beauty benefits, they can be used as an important source for our daily-to-daily life. This article will highlight the benefits and why they have gained so much importance in today’s world and are best for this season.
Benefits in health
- Keep your body cool and hydrated as they are made up of 95% water.
- Healthy digestion and prevent constipation as they are a rich source of water and fiber.
- Cleanses the body by flushing out toxins and waste materials and avoid kidney problems.
- Reduce pain and eliminate uric acid which is beneficial for arthritis and joint pains.
- Reduce feelings of anxiety and buffer some of the damaging effects of stress.
- Relaxes nerves and muscles and maintain low blood pressure as they contain magnesium.
- Reduce the risk of cancer as they contain polyphenols called lignans which have immune boosting effects.
- Aids in weight loss as they are low in calories.
- Effective treatment for diabetes.
- Maintains electrolyte balance.
- Reduce bad breath.
- Cure hangover and the headache associated with it.
Benefits in cosmetic
- Treat skin problems, including dark circles, swelling or puffiness under the eyes and sunburn and tan.
- Promote hair growth and reduces hair fall as they contain silicon and sulfur and give shiny hair.
- Cucumber can also help banish cellulite from the thighs.
- Good source of anti-aging and reduce wrinkles.
- Treat freckles and blemishes.
- Used as aroma in spa.
- Use as cleaner and stain remover.
- Use it to erase the pen writing, crayons and markers which are present on the walls.
- Controls and get rid of pets.