Bittium will exhibit its newest products and solutions for authority and soldier communications at Milipol exhibition in Paris, France November 21-24. At the event Bittium will showcase the secure and strong Bittium Tough Mobile 4G/LTE smartphone and the related Bittium Secure Suite back-end system that have received official Confidential level encryption product classification as the first smartphone based solution in the world. Exhibited will also be a selection of different special accessories and software solutions that have been designed for demanding police and military use cases.
At the Milipol exhibition also Bittium Tactical Wireless IP Network (TAC WIN) software defined radio based system will be demonstrated. With the system it is possible to flexibly form link, point-to-multipoint, and MANET (Mobile Ad Hoc Network) connections for broadband data transfer. Additionally, showcased will be the new Bittium Tough SDR product family meant for tactical communications, which includes Bittium Tough SDR Handheld, tactical handheld radio for individual soldiers, and Bittium Tough SDR Vehicular™, tactical radio for vehicle installations, and the versatile Bittium Tough Comnode terminal.
Products and solutions to be exhibited:
- Bittium Tough Mobile™ is a secure and strong Android-based LTE smartphone combining the latest information security and commercial device technologies. Bittium Tough Mobile incorporates a hardware-based security platform, which enables strong device security as well as deep integration of both customers’ own and third party software security solutions. This dedicated hardware is essential for building layered mobile security solutions. In addition, Bittium Tough Mobile’s features include for example a programmable Push-to-Talk button (PTT), glove-usable 5” full HD display, IP67 level water and dust protection, and MIL-STD-810G level shock resistance.
- Bittium Secure Suite™ is a device management and encryption software product that complements Bittium Tough Mobile smartphone with a scalable set of new software services for remote management, remote attestation, and securing the network connections of the device. Bittium Tough Mobile smartphone and Bittium Secure Suite together form a unique and reliable system for processing and transferring encrypted and classified material, and securing critical communications.
- Bittium Tactical Wireless IP Network (TAC WIN) is a high-performance wireless network solution enabling quick and flexible construction of link, point-to-multipoint and MANET (Mobile Ad Hoc Network) connections. The system offers broadband IP data transfer for mobile troops in all parts of the battlefield and also connects them to landline networks.
- Bittium Tactical LTE Access Point is a solution providing 4G/LTE access to the Bittium TAC WIN network. With the solution different troops can benefit from cost-efficient and high-speed multimedia data and VoIP services by using commercial smartphones as well as special terminals intended for authority use.
- Bittium Tough SDR product family expands Bittium’s product offering from the current Bittium Tactical Wireless IP Network™ (TAC WIN), used for forming a tactical broadband mobile IP backbone network, to individual soldier and vehicular level tactical radios. This enables bringing broadband data transfer and voice to all mobile troops starting from brigade level and all the way across the battlefield.
- Bittium Tough Comnode terminal fulfils the data transfer needs for mobile troops by functioning for example as a VoIP phone, an IP router, and an SHDSL repeater Additionally, Bittium Tough Comnode also provides SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) server functionalities of the tactical voice network for commercial VoIP terminals and enables using also legacy Combat Net Radios (CNR) as part of the IP-based tactical communication system (Radio over IP, RoIP).
All the products are compatible with each other, are based on the latest software and device technologies, and enable comprehensive broadband data transfer and IP calls. The products offer diverse connectivity options also to third-party equipment and systems.
Bittium’s products and solutions are exhibited at stand 6 B089.