The cases of Breast Cancer are alarmingly increasing around the world. One out of every eight woman is suffering from breast cancer in a developed country. This is also spreading in India, There are certain truths attached to this disease. Most of the cases of breast cancer are among women aged below 50. This is concerning that 70-80% Indian women consult the doctor when the cancer intensifies which makes it life threatening.
Reasons behind Breast Cancer:
Over 5-10 cases of Breast Cancer are hereditary. In the families of the women harboring this sickness there is a considerable quantity of BRCA1 and BRCA2 gene with increase the probability of Breast Cancer from 55-85%. 90-95% women do not have a particular reason for breast or ovary cancer. The check for BRCA1 or BRCA2 should only be done if in the past generations of the family there have been women suffering from Breast or Ovary cancer. The only way to stay safe from this disease is to stay aware of abnormal behavior in your body.
Not many side effects are seen in the initial stages of Breast Cancer. If caught at early stages it can be cured easily and there is no life risk of the woman. But apart from this, when Breast Cancer intensifies we see certain effects in our body which when identifies and taken care of, we can easily be saved:
- Change in the shape of the nipple.
- Protrusion of blood or water like substance from the nipple.
- A knot beside it.
- In majority of cases there is no pain in the knot, hence woman don’t get it checked.
Cure for the Disease:
- It is imperative for the woman to get her breasts checked frequently after the age of 30.
- In the same way after hitting 40, a woman should consult a breast specialist and have a proper X-ray in his guidance. This X-Ray is called Memogram. Through this even cancer the size of a rice grain can be easily detected. One does not need to show her entire breast for this process.
- Breast cancer patients found in this stage are 90-95% cured of their illness. When it is caught in the advanced stage then the entire breast is removed through surgery. And not only this, you also have to go through chemotherapy.
- Women should be self-aware of any physical changes in their breast or any other body part. Remember if you see any physical change in or around your breasts then consult a doctor.
Please follow and like us: